- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until flavors are blended. Yield: 1-2/3 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for North Carolina-Style BBQ Sauce(3)
Sort By :
This was good, had decent flavor. Wish it was a little thicker.
I made this sauce along with an other sauce. I divided my ribs using both sauces. At dinner my family liked the other sauce better.
EXCELLENT!! I served it on chicken
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Sauces & Toppings Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Condiments >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Diabetic Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Carb Recipes >