- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- Place the egg whites, cottage cheese and vanilla in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Combine the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt; add to cottage cheese mixture. Cover and process for 30 seconds. Add chocolate; cover and process just until blended, about 15 seconds.
- Spread into an 8-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Yield: 16 brownies.
Originally published as No-Guilt Brownies in Country Woman May/June 2000, p36
Reviews for No-Guilt Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review