Mushroom Steak Recipe
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 beef top round steak (2 pounds), cut into 1-1/2-inch strips
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup sherry or beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker combine the mushrooms, onion and beef. Combine the soup, sherry, oregano, thyme and remaining pepper; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until beef is tender. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Mushroom Steak(4)
Sort By :
This was delicious and I'd definitely make it again! Check out my review on my blog-heatskitchen.blogspot.com!
It was just a little bland. I ended up adding about 1/4 -1/3 cup of sour cream and calling it beef stroganoff.
This turned out well. I didn't have 7 hours, so after dipping meat in flour mixture, I seared it in the skillet. Nice flavor!
This was really easy and we all enjoyed it (even the kids). The steak was super tender after cooking all day.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >