- 8 to 10 medium apples
- 8 to 10 wooden sticks
- 32 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 squares (1 ounce each) white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup orange and brown sprinkles
- Wash and thoroughly dry apples; insert a wooden stick into each. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; chill. Place cookie crumbs in a shallow dish; set aside.
- In a heavy 3-qt. saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, milk and corn syrup; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until mixture reaches 248° (firm-ball stage) on a candy thermometer, about 30-40 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Dip each apple into hot caramel mixture to completely coat, then dip the bottom in cookie crumbs, pressing lightly to adhere. Return to baking sheet to cool.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Transfer to a small plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Drizzle coating over apples. Decorate with sprinkles. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Monster Caramel Apples
Sort By :
"Ended up tasting ok but coating is hard to work with and even worse to clean up. Tasted like brown sugar instead of caramel. Next time I will try one of the caramel recipes that uses actual caramels."
"Very Very Good!!!"
"This is the best recipie EVER!! My Brother &his Wife have a MOM & POP grocery store. They wanted me to make some caramel apples in the store kitchen. These do not last long on the counter. I also dip them in cashews,& honey roasted peanuts.to the store."
"My family absolutely loved these apples and yes, I would definitely make them again....they're delicious."