Mom's Favorite White Cake Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup drained crushed pineapple
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg whites, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with the milk. Pour into two greased 6-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt vanilla chips; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly. In a small bowl, combine topping mix and milk. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes or until thickened. Beat in jam and melted chips until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until frosting achieves a spreading consistency.
- For filling, in a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup frosting with strawberries and pineapple. Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with filling. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mom's Favorite White Cake(15)
Sort By :
This is a great cake! Very light and fluffy! I doubled it to make a 9x13 and added a tablespoon of lemon zest and a teaspoon of lemon juice to make a lemon cake. Wonderful! I am going to use this recipe for my sister-in-law's wedding cake.
Around 10 yrs ago my daughter found this recipe in a magazine and made this cake for me on Mother's Day. It became a family favorite. She recently relocated and I will now learn to make it myself. Is the best cake I've ever tasted!!!!!!
I made this for my daughter's. Birthday. I had made four batter for a two tiered square cake. I doubled the recipe twice. I even baked them In glass baking dish. The cake came out awesome. It was moist and sweet. I made this cake with Wilton's buttercream icing recipe. I made a hello Kitty cake. I had nothing but great compliments on this cake. Kudos to the mom who blogged this recipe. This will be my go to recipe for now on. I love to bake and I am always looking for the best recipes. This is one for white cake.would recommends to everyone who is good at baking.
i loved it, it was so yummy i would make it 1,0000000 times more
I madethe recipe as written for the 6" cake and liked it so much that I used 2.5 times the recipe for a double-layer 8" cake. All the guests commented on how great the cake tasted. I made sure to let all ingredients come to room temp. before starting, I used only the egg yolks and cake flour per the recipe. I greased the pans and used a wax paper circle on the bottom. I also used a wet strip of newspaper wrapped in tinfoil to insulate around the pan and help it bake more evenly and avoid the "high middle, low sides" problem.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Desserts for Two >
- Desserts Recipes For Two >