- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 small bananas)
- 1-1/3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and bananas. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg; add to the creamed mixture just until combined.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Moist Banana Cupcakes
Sort By :
"LOVE these....no need to add the sugar on top if you don't want."
"So easy to do and the spices with the banana delicious."
"My kids loved these muffins and so did I. I only used cinnamon not the other spices and I did not sprinkle sugar on top. They were almost all gone before they cooled!"
"These cupcakes were so good."
"I made these for a Labor Day snack. They were delicious. I didn't have cloves so I used pumpkin pie spice instead and omitted the powder sugar. They were full of flavor and no one could eat just one!"