Mock Apple Strudel Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 cups chopped tart apples
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Chopped nuts, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, 2 tablespoons sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Roll out into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Brush with melted butter. Top with apples; sprinkle with cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Place on a parchment paper-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan to a wire rack. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla; drizzle over warm strudel. Sprinkle with nuts if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Mock Apple Strudel
Sort By :
"easy to make and the hubby loved it!"
"This was delicious and easy to make! It was a great Sunday morning family breakfast."
"Question. When I make items like this, I don't have time in the morning, how would you store this? Wrapped in plastic wrap or foil? Would you put the glaze on at night or just before you would serve it? My pastries always come out flaky then the next day they soften. I hate that!"
"Easy to make. Delicious. Make sure you chop the apples very finely or grate with grater. The glaze is too heavy. I would half it next time. Warm with a little ice cream ws excellent. I didn't both with the nuts."
"No one knew it wasn't made with applesEasy to make also!"