A friend gave me this divine recipe after I asked how she managed to put together such an elegant pie after a long day at work. Prepared cookie dough, marshmallow creme and a little instant coffee make it a breeze to assemble. -Barbara Keller, Highlands Ranch, Colorado
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Cut cookie dough in half widthwise; let one half stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften (save the other half for another use).
- Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 11-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Beat in marshmallow creme. Dissolve coffee granules in water. Fold the coffee, whipped topping and 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup into the cream cheese mixture. Pour into cooled crust. Chill for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with nuts and drizzle with remaining chocolate syrup. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Mocha Pie in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p27
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mocha Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 29, 2012
"So good. Love it."
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2008
"Fast and easy dessert"