- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 6 to 8 tablespoons ice water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, mix flour and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Divide dough into two portions so that one is slightly larger than the other. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- For filling, in a large saucepan, whisk sugar, cornstarch, salt, water and, if desired, cinnamon until smooth; add blueberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Gently fold raspberries, strawberries, blackberries and lemon juice into blueberry mixture. On a lightly floured surface, roll out larger portion of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate. Add filling; dot with butter.
- Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom pastry; flute edge. Bake 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven setting to 350°; bake 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mixed Berry Pie
"This is now my "go to" pie recipe and I have used several different combinations of berries. All were a big hit!"
"I can't comment on the crust because I use my own recipe, but this pie is super tasty. Only problem is, it is way too watery. I thought I would be ok using fresh berries instead of frozen, but sadly no. I would recommend sprinkling flour in the berries once they're mixed. Maybe 1/2 cup. Otherwise, really tasty. I also added a bit more lemon juice, but that was a personal preference as it was a bit too sweet for my taste."
"This pie is delicious. I did cheat and use a pre made crust. You can also alter the amount of different berries if you have more than one or the other. I even added a little extra. Made a second one and froze prior to baking."
"Yum. This pie is delicious. The cinnamon adds a nice undertone. Mine was not as pretty because my pie plate was too deep so use a regular one"
"This is so delicous!!!!!!"
"IT turned out amazing. It was just very liquidated. Any tips on how to make it ticker"
"I had about 1 1/2 cups crushed berries left over from making jam. So, I used the liquid from there instead of water. I added the whole berries to these crushed berries, then followed the recipe as directed. If you like berries, this is one recipe to try and keep!"
"I made this pie for my husband for fathers day - he hasn't stopped bragging about it. Said it's the best pie he's ever eaten."
"I might only be 13, but this pie is amazing! I made it for the family and they really liked it."