Mint Jelly Recipe
- 1 cup packed peppermint leaves
- 2 cups water
- 6-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring
- In a Dutch oven, bring mint and water to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and pour though a fine sieve, reserving mint liquid. Discard leaves.
- Return liquid to pan. Add the sugar, vinegar and butter; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Quickly add contents of both pectin pouches; bring to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Add food coloring.
- Carefully ladle into hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. head space. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
- Or, cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24 hours. Refrigerate or freeze. (Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 12 months.) Yield: about 6 half-pints.
Reviews for Mint Jelly(1)
Sort By :
I haven't made this yet but I AM going to.. I just have one tiny question. I can not find any peppermint leaves anywhere, so bought the flakes. How much of the flakes do I use in replacing the leaves for 1 cup? I am making this jelly for Christmas thanks you!