- 4 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook manicotti according to package directions. In a small bowl, combine the chicken, 1/4 cup salsa, ricotta cheese, olives, parsley, pimientos, green onion, garlic and pepper sauce. Drain manicotti; fill with chicken mixture.
- Spread 1/4 cup salsa in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with manicotti shells and remaining salsa.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and filling is heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Mexican-Style Chicken Manicotti
Sort By :
I FOLLOWED THIS RECIPE EXACT AND IT WAS AWESOME....AND IT MAKES EXACTLY THE AMOUNT IT SAYS IT WILL MAKE...I MADE IT FOR A GROUP HOME I USED TO WORK IN AND ALL THE CLIENTS LOVED IT AND IVE MADE IT FOR MY FAMILY AND THEY LOVE IT....WILL DEFINATELY MAKE IT AGAIN
I agree this is an amazing recipe! I followed the directions exactly as stated. Amazing taste for a healthy meal :)
This dish was sooo good! I made it easier to make by using canned chicken and precooked lasagna noodles and rolling them up as manicotti. My family hardly ever tries new recipes, but this one is a keeper!