Mexican Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 8 medium green peppers
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 envelope (5.4 ounces) Mexican-style rice and pasta mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. In a Dutch oven, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the diced tomatoes, water and pasta mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Place 1/3 cup rice mixture in each pepper; sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cheese. Top with remaining rice mixture. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted and peppers are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Stuffed Peppers(14)
Sort By :
Eating this right now. Very good. I added some onion when I browned the burger and used Knorr Fiesta Sides Mexican rice. Has a nice spice to it. I think next time I might add a can of diced chili's since we like things pretty spicy.
This is my favorite way to make stuffed peppers! I have used different brands of rice mix, including Rice-a-Roni. You could even use different flavors, ie. beef or chicken, if you wish.
Made this last night - the whole family loved it. Used left over brown rice & taco seasoning instead of rice/pasta mix, omitted the water & added chopped mushrooms, corn & mixed veggies. Used Orange Bell Peppers as they were on sale.
Made this last night with some leftover spanish rice.I added about 2 tbs.of black bean and corn salsa and some taco meat.Fabulous!! I will be making this again and again. Also served a salad with more of the taco meat and salsa with gr.onion,tomato and santa fe tortilla strips.
Very good and easy.....Will make again,next time I will do it in a casserole dish.....
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >