Mexican Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 8 medium green peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 envelope (5.4 ounces) Mexican-style rice and pasta mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. In a Dutch oven, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the diced tomatoes, water and pasta mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Place 1/3 cup rice mixture in each pepper; sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cheese. Top with remaining rice mixture. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted and peppers are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Stuffed Peppers
Sort By :
DeLummox, don't give a recipe one star because you can't follow the directions! You cook the rice and pasta in with the beef after you brown and drain it. This sounds delicious, can't wait to try it!
When do you insert the beef mixture into the pepper??
Eating this right now. Very good. I added some onion when I browned the burger and used Knorr Fiesta Sides Mexican rice. Has a nice spice to it. I think next time I might add a can of diced chili's since we like things pretty spicy.
This is my favorite way to make stuffed peppers! I have used different brands of rice mix, including Rice-a-Roni. You could even use different flavors, ie. beef or chicken, if you wish.
Made this last night - the whole family loved it. Used left over brown rice & taco seasoning instead of rice/pasta mix, omitted the water & added chopped mushrooms, corn & mixed veggies. Used Orange Bell Peppers as they were on sale.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >