Melt-in-Your-Mouth Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 pound medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- Place potatoes and carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, rosemary, garlic salt, thyme and pepper; rub over roast.
- Place in slow cooker; top with onion and broth. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Melt-in-Your-Mouth Pot Roast(30)
Sort By :
Meat was dry. Kids refuse to eat. Husband said it was OK. Did not keep left overs
Excellent - and I've tried a lot of duds...
I am sorry to say that I disagree with most everyone on the success of this recipe. I followed the recipe exactly and found it to taste like a boiled piece of meat with no flavor at all.
Good recipe, next time I will cut down the rosemary seasoning.
This was good. Not fabulous. My husband really liked it, I was so-so. The meat was tender and perfect. The vegetables were cooked to perfection as well. The flavor was good but it felt very oily and heavy. I had to be careful to not eat too much because it was too heavy for me. It wasn't the hearty healthy pot roast I was looking for.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >