"This unique summer dessert is low in fat and a creative way to use cantaloupe," says Sandy McKenzie from Braham, Minnesota. "It's best when made with very ripe melon to give the sweetest flavor."
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups cubed ripe cantaloupe
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free lemon yogurt
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over lemon juice; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- In a blender, combine the gelatin mixture, cantaloupe and sugar; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl; stir in yogurt. Spoon into individual dishes; chill until firm. Garnish with raspberries if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Melon Mousse in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p15
Reviews for Melon Mousse
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 31, 2013
"MUST use ripe melon! Otherwise it has a tapioca texture. Would like to try it again to see if I can get closer to mousse."