- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 quarts water
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Rub pork with pepper; cut into 1-in. cubes. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Stir in orzo and salt; cook, uncovered, 8 minutes. Stir in spinach; cook 45-60 seconds longer or until orzo is tender and spinach is wilted. Drain.
- Add tomatoes to pork; heat through. Stir in orzo mixture and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mediterranean Pork and Orzo
"Delicious with some extra seasoning. Added some garlic powder, extra salt, Cavenders Greek seasoning and squeezed half a lemon over it. Yum!"
"Good, but definitely needs more flavor. I added Italian seasoning and more salt. I also used boneless pork loin chops rather than tenderloin because it's what I had on hand. Nice low calorie meal."
"Tried this recipe for the first time using left over pork tenderloin roasted to medium-Medium rare. Finished it off in a pan with olive oil and sliced fresh mushrooms. Everyone loved it. I would add an additional 1/2 bag of baby spinach but otherwise, it was great. I will definately make this again."
"I loved the lightness of this recipe. I think the pork needed a touch more seasoning, which I may tweak next time. Came together quickly. With a side of bread, this satisfied everyone."
"Pretty good, but needed something to take it up a notch. Was lacking a little flavor, but couldn't figure what to add."
"Portioned down the recipe and added this to my list of top side dishes to bring to a potluck! Super easy to make, and who doesn't love pork and orzo??"
"Very good. Easy to make on a busy week night"
"We thought this was great, and the feta cheese made it a 10! Instead of mixing it in, I sprinkled it on each individual dinner. It's taste seemed to stand out more that way. I also put in twice the amount of tomatoes and THREE times the amount of spinach-it's nice and healthy and the color makes it look pretty. Thanks for the recipe, i will definitely make it again."
"really nice recipe!"