Roasted Veggie Orzo
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each dried oregano, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place vegetables in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with seasonings; toss to coat. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook orzo according to package directions. Drain; transfer to a serving bowl. Stir in roasted vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 164 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Aug 29, 2015
This was good, not amazing, but good. I'm not sure if I would remake this specific recipe or go out of my way to recommend it because I've made many variations of this just on my own by throwing the veggies I have on hand together in a skillet with olive oil and seasonings..It just isn't very original, but tasted ok.
Mar 24, 2015
Wonderful way to get a lot of veggies in! So tasty. Will be making much more in the future...would be yummy to grill the veggies in the summer.
Feb 15, 2013
Good stuff. Can use any veggies you have on hand, really, and sprinkle on Italian seasoning to taste.
Aug 4, 2011
Very good. I made it for company and they were very impressed.
Jul 31, 2011
This recipe was pretty good! Good way to use some summer garden veggies. I added fresh basil from the garden at the end.
Jun 14, 2011
Wonderful side dish or a lite main dish. Angel hair pasta was great with it as well.
May 18, 2011
This is absolutely delicious! It can be tailored to the veggies that the family likes (we've used brussel sprouts and carrots too.) Can also add grilled chicken and make it a meal instead of side dish. Definitely a keeper!
May 12, 2011
I've made this delicious dish many times. It gets rave reviews every time. I often substitute the veggies I have available and it's just as good, in my opinion.
Aug 16, 2010
I have made this several times since I found the recipe last year. Our family (kids and adults) loves it! The veggies are delicious, and with the orzo and feta, it's a great combination.
Nov 29, 2009
I love this dish!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.