"Tangy marinated artichokes add flavor to both the crust and the topping of this delicious specialty pizza," says Pamela Brooks of South Berwick, Maine.
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli ham, julienned
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Drain artichokes, reserving marinade. Chop artichokes; set aside. On a floured surface, roll bread dough into a 15-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 14-in. pizza pan; build up edges slightly. Brush the dough lightly with reserved marinade.
- Combine the basil, oregano and thyme; sprinkle over marinade. Sprinkle with 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, ham, artichokes, tomatoes, olives and feta cheese. Sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until crust and cheese are lightly browned. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Pizza in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p63
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Mediterranean Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review