Mediterranean Bulgur Salad Recipe
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked bulgur
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring broth and bulgur to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender and broth is almost absorbed. Remove from the heat; let stand at room temperature, uncovered, until broth is absorbed.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the bulgur, beans, tomatoes, cucumber and onions. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and pine nuts. Yield: 9 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mediterranean Bulgur Salad
Sort By :
"I made it for Mothers Day and everyone loved it. Several people asked for the recipe!"
"So good! Added slightly less olive oil but otherwise followed recipe. Even better on day 2 and 3."
"I made it without the pine nuts and feta cheese, it was very tasty and delicious. Will make it again, it's a great option for a healthy side dish."
"Have made it several times with no changes. Healthy and tasty, as described."
"I tried another recipe before finding this one. The changes I made to the other recipe make it much like this one.Rather than cook the bulgur I just brought the broth to a boil, added the grain and let it set for an hour.To the broth I added a tsp. of fresh rosemary, minced and the zest of two lemons.I didn't have a cucumber or green onions. To add bulk I added a can of artichoke hearts (not in oil).I also did not add any cheese.I am looking forward to making this again with the addition of nuts.All in all a tasty dish."