Mediterranean Bulgur Salad Recipe
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked bulgur
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring broth and bulgur to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender and broth is almost absorbed. Remove from the heat; let stand at room temperature, uncovered, until broth is absorbed.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the bulgur, beans, tomatoes, cucumber and onions. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and pine nuts. Yield: 9 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mediterranean Bulgur Salad(6)
Sort By :
I made it without the pine nuts and feta cheese, it was very tasty and delicious. Will make it again, it's a great option for a healthy side dish.
Have made it several times with no changes. Healthy and tasty, as described.
I tried another recipe before finding this one. The changes I made to the other recipe make it much like this one.
Rather than cook the bulgur I just brought the broth to a boil, added the grain and let it set for an hour.
To the broth I added a tsp. of fresh rosemary, minced and the zest of two lemons.
I didn't have a cucumber or green onions. To add bulk I added a can of artichoke hearts (not in oil).
I also did not add any cheese.
I am looking forward to making this again with the addition of nuts.
All in all a tasty dish.
This is one of the best dishes I've ever eaten in my life. It reminds me of a yummy grain salad from Earth Fare or something.
I made it with a few changes, due to what I had in the house at the time. I plan to keep those changes next go around.
Perfect to eat with Martha Stewart's Curried Carrot Soup. Google that one for the recipe. :)
-Only 4 green onions
-Only 4 Tbs. of oil
-Cilantro instead of parsley
-Crushed almonds instead of pine nuts
-Chicken broth instead of veggie
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bean Salad Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Grains Side Dish Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Salad Recipes >
- Greek Side Dishes >
- Greek Vegetarian Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >