Mediterranean Bulgur Salad Recipe
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked bulgur
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring broth and bulgur to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender and broth is almost absorbed. Remove from the heat; let stand at room temperature, uncovered, until broth is absorbed.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the bulgur, beans, tomatoes, cucumber and onions. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and pine nuts. Yield: 9 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mediterranean Bulgur Salad
Sort By :
"I used only 1 cup of bulgur. It was a good amount. 1 1/2 cups is to much."
"I made it for Mothers Day and everyone loved it. Several people asked for the recipe!"
"So good! Added slightly less olive oil but otherwise followed recipe. Even better on day 2 and 3."
"I made it without the pine nuts and feta cheese, it was very tasty and delicious. Will make it again, it's a great option for a healthy side dish."
"Have made it several times with no changes. Healthy and tasty, as described."