Master Holiday Cookie Mix Recipe
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, egg yolks and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Master Cookie Mix may be used to prepare the following recipes: Easy Almond Bars, Chocolate-Hazelnut Pinwheels, Holiday Thumbprint Cookies and Peppermint Twists. Yield: 6 cups.
Reviews for Master Holiday Cookie Mix(11)
Sort By :
Easy to do
LOVE these cookies. Remember to CREAM the butter and sugar until fluffy, beat it for at least a minute or two. It puts air pockets into the dough and makes it fluffy without baking soda or powder!
This is a shortbread style cookie, it doesn't require any baking soda or baking powder.
Hope that helps!
The baking powder or soda may have been omitted for a reason, but I agree that it needs one or the other and for that much flour I would add 1 teaspoon baking powder. The recipe is a good master cookie recipe.
IS ANYONE GOING TO ANSWER THE QUESTION ABOUT THE BAKING SODA OR BAKING POWDER?????