Just a bite of one of these fritters takes me back to when my kids were young. They're all grown up now, but the tradition lives on at get-togethers, when I double, sometimes triple, the recipe. Serve fritters with maple syrup or agave nectar. —Marina Castle, Canyon Country, California
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, parsley and salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, melted butter and onion until blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in corn.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls, several at a time, into hot oil. Fry 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 32 fritters.
Originally published as Marina's Golden Corn Fritters in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Reviews for Marina's Golden Corn Fritters
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review