- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, parsley and salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, melted butter and onion until blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in corn.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls, several at a time, into hot oil. Fry 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 32 fritters.
Reviews for Marina's Golden Corn Fritters
Sort By :
"I had never made fritters before but understand they are a well known Southern snack. I made these fritters and served with soup. My family thought they were really good and I will make them again."
"This corn fritter is delicious and perfect as a side dish..and it deserves 5 stars!!"