- 1 cup finely crushed gingersnaps (about 20 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10-15 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and 2 tablespoons cornstarch until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, vanilla and salt. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Remove 3-1/2 cups filling to a small bowl; stir in lemon juice and set aside.
- Add the pumpkin, brown sugar, molasses, spices and remaining cornstarch to the remaining filling; set aside 1/2 cup. Pour half of the remaining pumpkin filling over crust; top with half of the plain filling. Cut through filling with a knife to swirl.
- Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square); securely wrap foil around pan. Place pan in a large baking pan. Add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 70-75 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake
"There are some instructions missing in this recipe but it's not too hard to figure out. Really delicious."
"I think that the recipe doesn't tell you what to do with the reserved filling."
"I made this for Thanksgiving this past year and it was wonderful! The only problem I ran into was the spices: the were alittle overwhelming to me. I would say a dash of the nutmeg and the cloves and only one teaspoon of ginger just to tone it down a bit."
"Made this for Christmas several years ago. Everyone loved it."
"apparently no one quality checks the website for accuracy."
"Even though the directions are not complete, this is one of the most delicious cheesecakes I have had! Luckily I am good at improvising, so I just figured out what to do with the remaining batter. I made it and brought it to a pot luck at my office, and it was gone within 10 minutes! I am definately going to make this again and again!!"
"I made this cheesecake last year 3 times during the holidays, it was requested by my family and coworkers.And I will make it again this year per family request."
"Thr directions are not complete. You ask us to half the batter, but do not tell us how and when to put in the second part of the batter."