- 1 cup finely crushed gingersnaps (about 20 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10-15 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and 2 tablespoons cornstarch until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, vanilla and salt. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Remove 3-1/2 cups filling to a small bowl; stir in lemon juice and set aside.
- Add the pumpkin, brown sugar, molasses, spices and remaining cornstarch to the remaining filling; set aside 1/2 cup. Pour half of the remaining pumpkin filling over crust; top with half of the plain filling. Cut through filling with a knife to swirl.
- Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square); securely wrap foil around pan. Place pan in a large baking pan. Add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 70-75 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake(4)
Sort By :
I think that the recipe doesn't tell you what to do with the reserved filling.
I made this for Thanksgiving this past year and it was wonderful! The only problem I ran into was the spices: the were alittle overwhelming to me. I would say a dash of the nutmeg and the cloves and only one teaspoon of ginger just to tone it down a bit.
Made this for christmas several years ago. Everyone loved it.
oh yes, I've been thinking of ginger crust and pumpkin pie or a cake....Now I'm going to try this. thanks .
More Recipe Collections
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipes >
- Pumpkin Cheesecakes >