- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups milk, divided
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon maple syrup, divided
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Sliced almonds, toasted
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate. Flute edges. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, combine cornstarch and salt in a large saucepan. Stir in 1/2 cup milk until smooth. Gradually stir in remaining milk and 3/4 cup maple syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in butter. Cool to room temperature without stirring.
- In a chilled small bowl, beat cream on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold 1 cup cream into cooled filling; spoon into crust. Fold remaining syrup into remaining cream; frost top of pie. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with toasted almonds. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Maple Cream Pie
Sort By :
Made this recipe for a pie baking contest at work after doing a test run at home. Made a few changes- added 1 tsp maple extract to the filling before cooking on stove top, added the maple syrup to the whipping cream as well as about 1/4 c white sugar before whipping. Made Sugar Coated Pecans recipe from another site, which I chopped and sprinkled on top just before serving- this was fantastic! Also, used purchased graham pie crust, and everyone agreed the graham combined with the maple and pecan flavors was great! Oh yes- I won the contest!!
My whole family loves this! They always request it for holidays!
That pie is delicious. It melts in your mouth. The texture is smooth. The only thing is that I don't always have whipping cream in my refrigerator but I would serve it to guests.