- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in syrup and cream. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in butter. Pour into pastry shell.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Spread evenly over hot filling, sealing edges to crust.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until meringue is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Maple Cream Meringue Pie
Sort By :
"Our brother-in -law from Quebec had to have a second piece.Excellent flavor"
"Everyone loves this pie. The meringue is very tasty as my daughter will say. This is the only meringue she eats....."
"Absolutely awesome. My friends and family loved it."