- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple flavoring
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and maple flavoring until smooth. Stir in walnuts. Shape into 1-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Freeze until firm.
- In a microwave , melt chips; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 5 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Maple Cream Bonbons
"I mixed together the butter, sugar and maple flavoring. It is too think to make balls. Please help..I don't know what I did wrong? I have it in the fridge hoping that will help. Do you melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips together. Any help would be greatly appreciated."
"These are excellent and indeed very easy to make! I guess I was overly generous in coating them as I ran out of the melted chocolate to the point where I could have used almost double. Ooops.Very tasty, a good addition to my candy collection"
"These are really good, and easy. My mom loves maple flavored treats, I made these for mother's day and she loved them."