Maple Cream Bonbons Recipe
"My family always smiles when I fix these chocolates," writes Ginny Truwe of Mankato, Minnesota. "They recall the winter when I put trays of the candy centers on top of my van in the garage to freeze before dipping. Later, I drove off and was horrified to see the little balls rolling on the highway!"
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple flavoring
- 2 cups Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and maple flavoring until smooth. Stir in walnuts. Shape into 1-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Freeze until firm.
- In a microwave , melt chips; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Maple Cream Bonbons in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p65
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Maple Cream Bonbons(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >