Maple Carrot Cupcakes Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 cups grated carrots (about 6 medium)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, beat eggs, oil and syrup. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in carrots.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- For frosting, combine the cream cheese, butter, syrup and vanilla in a bowl; beat until smooth. Frost cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle with nuts if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Maple Carrot Cupcakes
Sort By :
teryn69 we have made these for years, and years, and never once had a problem with them rising. Maybe you can check your baking powder, sometimes if it's old, it does not work as well!!! Hope you give them another try...they truly do come out great for us each time! =)
Super moist and good. I love the taste of the maple syrup as the sweetener in both the cake and frosting. The frosting is not at all too sweet as many frostings are. Plenty of batter, and I got 24 nicely rounded cupcakes from it. This is now a favorite cupcake at our house!
Glad I read the reviews about the thin frosting before I made it so I added 1 cup of powered sugar to the icing which turned out great and was delicious. However, before I even got to frost the cupcakes, my son ate several unfrosted and raved about how good they were! He then tried one with frosting and felt that the frosting hid the wonderful flavor of the cupcake.
I don't know about these. I'm in the middle of baking them, and the first batch just didn't rise! They fall as they're cooling. I filled 2/3 full and they're not at the top of the paper!! All my ingredients are fresh, so I don't know why they wouldn't rise. I tasted one, I'm not sure it's even done? My first ever fail Taste of Home recipe. :(
I think there is an ingredient missing. This is a terrible recipe. Frosting is awful and the cupcakes do not taste good. I was very disappointed, this is the first Taste of Home recipe that has FAILED for me. NO STARS!!! The only reason one star is given is because I couldn't submit without one! Where the 5 Stars came from is beyond me!