Mandarin Couscous Salad Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place water in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, combine the oranges, peas, almonds, onion and couscous. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, oil, sugar, salt and pepper sauce; shake well. Pour dressing over couscous mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Mandarin Couscous Salad
Sort By :
Definitely double the sauce. I used green onion instead of the red and added cooked/shredded chicken. Thinking that pineapple and ham might be good also.
I would use green onions instead of red. Maybe add some cranberries too. I doubled the sauce. Great side dish
kinda blah! can't believe this won a contest of any kind. won't make again.
The whole family enjoyed this... even my son who hates peas. His comment was "Mom, I love, love, LOVE this salad!".
I get so many compliments from this recipe. It's a favorite at family get-togethers.