- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (6 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken stuffing mix
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise and lemon juice; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in 1/3 cup cheese, stirring until melted. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream mixture. Add spinach, stuffing mix, bread crumbs and tuna.
- Drain noodles and place in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with tuna mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until lightly browned and heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Makeover Spinach Tuna Casserole
Sort By :
Great recipe! My family usually won't eat much tuna casserole but this one went over very well (other than 1 child picking out the spinach & said it would have been better with mushrooms instead), had no leftovers! I did alter it a bit - I used plain non-fat yogurt instead of sour cream, I omitted the bread crumbs, & I used a white cheese blend that I had instead of Parmesan. My hubby liked the crispy noodles on the sides ;)
The toping was very tasty, but laying upon plain noodles that become crispy on the bottom and side of casserole wasn't appealing.
Tuna noodle casserole is one of my favorite dishes, especially this recipe. I love the spinach and it doesn't taste low fat at all.
kathy may like this
kathy may like this
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Fish >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >