This remake of a recipe cuts the fat in half, reduced the calories and cholesterol by a third and reduce the sodium by a fifth. Yet there's still plenty of flavor in this dish to please your family's palate.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Recommended: 21 Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced turkey pepperoni (about 1-1/2 ounces)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the Parmesan cheese, vinegar, oil, oregano, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Drain pasta; rinse in cold water
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add pasta and dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Pizza Pasta Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p16
Reviews for Makeover Pizza Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 13, 2014
"I added chopped red, yellow and orange peppers. My whole family liked this salad."
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2014
"Instead of fresh tomatoes, used canned diced."
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2009
"What a yummy, unique salad! I left out the cheddar cheese and used all mozzarella cheese and it tasted great!~ Theresa"