- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (5 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions. Stir in soup, tuna and milk. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and, if desired, parsley. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Macaroni Tuna Casserole
"this was beyond disgusting. made exactly as written and the whole thing ended up in the trash! what a waste of money."
"Great recipe !"
"I found this recipe almost 20 years ago in a Taste of Home magazine. I have made it numerous times over the years. If you like tuna casserole you are sure to enjoy this."
"@ Alfoa - Whenever a recipe says to prepare according to package directions, it means to use the ingredients on the package and prepare like the box says to. The recipe usually does NOT include those ingredients or measurements, unless it specifically says so. So, in this case, you would use 1/4 cup milk, margarine, and the 1/2 cup milk called for in this recipe ingredients list. With this particular recipe, it wouldn't matter..you can make with a little less milk (even substitute evaporated milk or half-n-half) or no butter, use cream of celery, chicken, or mushroom soup. It will taste slightly different with each change, but still be delicious!"
"I decided to try this recipe because my daughters love mac and cheese, and I think I enjoyed it more than they did! I prepared the mac and cheese as I normally would (using the ingredients on the box), accidentally used 98% fat-free cream of celery soup (we couldn't tell), 1 1/2 cups of frozen peas and then sprinkled crushed baked potato chips and about 1/4 cup of cheese on the top in lieu of the full cup of cheese. Extremely creamy and delicious warmed up the next day as well!"