- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (5 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions. Stir in soup, tuna and milk. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and, if desired, parsley. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Macaroni Tuna Casserole
Sort By :
"I decided to try this recipe because my daughters love mac and cheese, and I think I enjoyed it more than they did! I prepared the mac and cheese as I normally would (using the ingredients on the box), accidentally used 98% fat-free cream of celery soup (we couldn't tell), 1 1/2 cups of frozen peas and then sprinkled crushed baked potato chips and about 1/4 cup of cheese on the top in lieu of the full cup of cheese. Extremely creamy and delicious warmed up the next day as well!"
"This is the third recipe I have made from Taste of Home with incomplete or incorrect instructions. It says, "Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions". Well, the package says to use 1/4 cup of milk, and also margarine. Yet margarine is not in the list of ingredients in the recipe! So, do I add margarine an additional 1/4 cup of milk? I decided not to. Luckily, it turned out well."
"This is an awesome recipe!!! I made this for dinner tonight and the flavors were amazing. Of course i added a few extra things. I sauteed some portabello mushrooms, onions & minced garlic together and sprinkled with a Lil garlic powder. I also doubled the recipe. But instead i used 1 can of cream of chicken and 1 can of cream of mushroom. I also mixed together with Jack Colby cheese and sprinkled the top with Sharp Cheddar ...it was Deeelicious!!!!! Thanks for your ideas.."
"With Lent underway, I am always looking for new recipes. I made this tonight, was very yummy. I will admit that I used some improvising though. I used mushroom soup instead of celery, chopped some fresh mushrooms, and spread a layer of bread crumbs on top before baking. Loved the little extra crunch! I will make this again."
"It was very good but instead of using cream of celery soup I used cream of chicken soup"