Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the baking mix, dry pudding mix, poppy seeds and lemon peel. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice; drizzle over warm muffins. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins(9)
Sort By :
I'm wondering if the people who wrote negative reviews left off the glaze? I made this as written and it BURST with lemon flavor - but mostly from the glaze I think. We loved these. They came out perfect and were super easy. A new Easter tradition was born.
Husband raved over this recipe. I'll need to keep lemon pudding on hand.
I made these into mini muffins for our women's group at church & they were a big hit! I even made half of them using gluten free biscuit mix and they were also very good. Although the muffins aren't very lemony flavored, the glaze (which I made thinner & dipped the muffins in) made them so good!
I make these on a regular basis--my family loves them.
I wouldn't even make this recipe once! Bisquick and pudding mix- come on! Can't you come up with a recipe from scratch without all that artificial stuff? I'm sure I could search on your site for a better choice.