Bursting with poppy seeds, these luscious muffins from Donna Gonda of North Canton, Ohio are filled and drizzled with lots of lemony flavor. They’re great with coffee or tea and couldn’t be much easier to whip up. TIP: For a special after-school treat, Donna bakes them in mini muffin pans and serves with hot chocolate.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the baking mix, dry pudding mix, poppy seeds and lemon peel. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice; drizzle over warm muffins. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p12
Reviews for Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review