Lemon Marmalade Recipe
Lemons and grapefruit combine to create a tantalizing spread for English muffins, toast and even shortbread cookies! I give away jars of this marmalade every Christmas.Barbara Carlucci, Orange Park, Florida
- 3 medium lemons
- 1 medium grapefruit
- 4 cups water
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 4 cups sugar
- Peel rind from lemons and grapefruit; cut into thin strips, about 1 in. long. Set aside fruit.
- In a Dutch oven, combine water and citrus peel. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until peel is softened. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Trim white pith from reserved lemons and grapefruit; discard pith. Cut lemons and grapefruit into segments, discarding membranes and seeds. Chop pulp, reserving juices; stir into reserved peel mixture.
- Add pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 6 half-pints.
Originally published as Lemon Marmalade in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p89
Reviews for Lemon Marmalade(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review