- 3 medium lemons
- 1 medium grapefruit
- 4 cups water
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 4 cups sugar
- Peel rind from lemons and grapefruit; cut into thin strips, about 1 in. long. Set aside fruit.
- In a Dutch oven, combine water and citrus peel. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until peel is softened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Trim white pith from reserved lemons and grapefruit; discard pith. Cut lemons and grapefruit into segments, discarding membranes and seeds. Chop pulp, reserving juices; stir into reserved peel mixture.
- Add pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into six hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 6 half-pints.
Originally published as Lemon Marmalade in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p89
Reviews for Lemon Marmalade
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2015
"Mine is not even close to being firm, and I had enough for 8 jars not 6.Haven't made anything like this for many years but very disappointed to spend that much time and have it not turn out."