Lemon-Herb Roasted Turkey Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 turkey (14 to 16 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 medium lemon, halved
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 14 garlic cloves, peeled
- 24 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 turkey-size oven roasting bag
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice, lemon peel and minced thyme. Pat turkey dry. Sprinkle salt and pepper over skin of turkey and inside cavity; brush with butter mixture. Place the lemon, onion, garlic and thyme sprigs inside cavity. Skewer turkey openings; tie drumsticks together.
- Place flour in oven bag and shake to coat. Place the bag in a roasting pan; add turkey, breast side up. Cut six 1/2-in. slits in top of bag; close bag with tie provided.
- Bake at 350° for 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Remove turkey to a serving platter and keep warm. Let stand for 15 minutes before carving. If desired, thicken pan drippings for gravy. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Lemon-Herb Roasted Turkey(5)
Sort By :
Yes, by all means try roasting turkey this way!!! I added celery leaves and the tough outer stalks to fhe other ingredients in the cavity and used a fresh turkey seasoning packet from the grocery store containing a few sprigs of thyme, rosemary and sage.
I have also tried roasting the turkey breast side down on a rack (no oven bag) with great results (may need to increase roasting time). Lemon is the secret to the wonderful flavor.
This was really easy and turned out perfectly. I added some fresh rosemary to the thyme since I had it on hand. Delicious!
I made this turkey for my family and everyone raved on the flavors. This recipe is a keeper.
The best turkey ever. The only one I'll make from now on. Extremely moist and flavorful
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Roasted Turkey >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Main Dishes >