- 1 cup shortening
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat shortening and cream cheese until blended. Add sugar; beat until creamy. Beat in egg yolk, lemon extract and peel. Combine the flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-12 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool. Decorate as desired. Yield: About 9 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Cream Cheese Spritz
Sort By :
"I had to add another oz. of cream cheese, as the dough was too thick and not smooth enough. Then it was fine, but there wasn't enough lemon flavor for me. I may or may not make this again. The baked cookie was a tad on the dry side for me as well. I might add more lemon flavoring next time if I make it again."
"A friend made these for our office during Christmas; we couldn't stop eating them! Absolutely delicious!"