Lemon-Cranberry Mini Loaves Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the lemon juice and peel. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in cranberries and walnuts. Pour into four greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. For glaze, whisk sugar and lemon juice until sugar is dissolved. Immediately spoon over bread. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 4 loaves (6 slices each).
Reviews for Lemon-Cranberry Mini Loaves(1)
Sort By :
I made a couple of changes, because of what I had on hand. Only 3 eggs, and added 1 Tbsp lemon extract, since I didn't have zest. Also used 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts, 2 cups finely chopped fresh cranberries instead of dried. Added 1/4 cup white chocolate chips too. Really think the extract was too much with the lemon juice, but the white choc offset that tartness nicely. This is a definite keeper. Oh, and mine made 5 loaves, probably because I used fresh cranberries.