"This light fluffy treat was a hit when I shared it at a club meeting I hosted," notes Darlene Inman of Waynoka, Oklahoma. "My diabetic sister-in-law gave me the recipe."
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1-1/4 cups cold water, divided
- 1-1/3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Crystal Light lemonade drink mix
- 3 to 4 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon graham cracker crumbs
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the milk, drink mix, food coloring if desired, and salt; beat on high speed until blended. Place the cottage cheese and remaining water in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Add milk mixture and gelatin; cover and process until thickened.
- Spoon into six 6-oz. custard cups. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Chiffon Dessert in Light & Tasty February/March 2002, p46
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Chiffon Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review