Lemon Chiffon Blueberry Dessert Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 1-1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, 1/3 cup sugar and butter. Set aside 2 tablespoons for topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup blueberries.
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; cool. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar. Add vanilla; mix well. Slowly add dissolved gelatin. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over blueberries. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Chiffon Blueberry Dessert(7)
Sort By :
I made this for Easter dessert and the entire 9x13 pan was gone!! 6 adults and 1 child! It was delicious! The only thing I did differently was add the juice and zest of half of a lemon to the cream cheese mixture. I reserved a little bit of lemon zest for the topping as we'll! It was a hit! I would definitely make this again!
I made this for a party and it disappeared in minutes. Some people who don't even eat deserts had several pieces. I added extra lemon juice because I wanted more flavor. A big winner.
Made as directed then again with some added fresh lemon juice. Much better with lemon juice. Making now with splenda and sugar free jello. Hoping it turns out OK.
What a wonderful dessert! I added more blueberries, as one cup wasn't enough for a 13x9" pan, plus I made a design on the top using more blueberries to add to the presentation. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've just talked myself into another serving :)
I made this for a party at work and it went over great! When I made this, I used two (2) premade graham cracker crusts instead. Made it easy to transport and I didn't need to worry about getting my container back.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >