I lightened up this quick and easy dessert by making a few substitutions. Because the treat is so sweet, no one will know it's healthy, too.—Roxanne Chan, Albany, California.
Featured In: 32 Light Desserts That'll Hit the Spot
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup lemon yogurt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup reduced-sugar orange marmalade, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom with cooking spray. In a large bowl, beat egg whites, egg, yogurt, honey, oil, lemon peel and extract until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into yogurt mixture.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan; top with blueberries and almonds. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Drizzle marmalade over warm cake. Cool on a wire rack; serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Blueberry Cornmeal Cake in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2016, p218
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Blueberry Cornmeal Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review