- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping, divided
- 2/3 cup cold 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons instant chocolate pudding mix
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, pecans and butter; press into an ungreased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in 1/2 cup whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over cream cheese mixture. Spread with remaining whipped topping. Chill until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Layered Chocolate Pudding Dessert
Sort By :
I have made this many times because it's easy, I can make it ahead of time and it tastes delicious. I do use a 5 oz cook and serve chocolate pudding though instead of the instant. I like the taste better. I cook it according to the directions and let it cool with plastic wrap sealed tightly over it to avoid a pudding 'skin' from forming. When it has cooled sufficiently I pour it over the cream cheese mixture. Then I spread with the remaining whipped topping. Just prior to serving I peel milk chocolate from a chocolate bar-forming chocolate curls and sprinkle them on top. It makes for a pretty presentation.
This sounds and looks so yummy==BUT 692 CALORIES per serving is a lot==are you sure that is right??
Sounds great but I haven't made it yet. What's holding me back is 692 calories per serving. Can that be right?