Lava Chocolate Cakes Recipe
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream, optional
- Additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- Grease the bottom and sides of four 6-oz. ramekins; sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon sugar. Place ramekins on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Whisk in the eggs, egg yolks, instant coffee and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt; spoon batter into prepared ramekins.
- Bake at 400° for about 12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° and cake sides are set and centers are soft.
- Remove ramekins to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Carefully run a small knife around cakes to loosen. Invert warm cakes onto serving plates. Lift ramekins off cakes. Serve warm with whipped cream or sprinkle with additional confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Lava Chocolate Cakes
Sort By :
Delicious, easy to make. Will fix again.
I can't believe I have never tried this recipe before! It was so easy to make and tasted delicious!!! I wanted a special dessert for Valentine's Day and this was definately the perfect choice! My husband loved it and it looked so nice on the plate I served it on. To make it look like Valentines, I served it on my red temptations plate garnished with fanned out strawberries and vanilla ice cream. I dusted more confectionery sugar over the top of the cake. I left the coffee out and used 3/4 c. dark chocolate chips, I will definately be making this again!!!! Oh...everyone commened on serving it warm. We ate it at room temperature and we both thought it would taste great cold! We'll find out tonight when we eat the other two!! :)
Will try to double this for a group this eve? Doable?
Outstanding recipe! What a special dessert! Everyone from our 2 year old grandson to my chocolate-loving husband (their grandpa) declared this their favorite dessert ever! We ended our Christmas Eve celebration with this treat and it was the perfect ending to a very special meal. I topped the warm cakes with their lovely chocolate centers with vanilla bean ice cream and we were all in chocolate heaven!
I was craving something gooey, chocolatey, and warm, and this was just what I needed. It was absolutely delicious! For those who don't like coffee, you really can't taste it. Coffee deepens the flavor of chocolate rather than distracting from it. I will definitely make these again and again.