- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed and drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup french-fried onions
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, chicken, soup, milk, cheese, onions and seasoned salt. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, separate crescent dough into two rectangles. Seal perforations; cut each rectangle lengthwise into four strips. Working quickly, weave strips over warm filling, forming a lattice crust. Bake 15 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Lattice-Top Chicken Stew
"Get creative! Great dish as written but as a volunteer food editor for Taste of Home I love twisting classic recipes to fit the occasion. Wonderful using cream of broccoli cheese condensed soup. Great dish that helped use left over poultry from the night before. Yummy!"
"I have been making this for my family since 1999 when it appeared in Quick Cooking. Everyone LOVES it! I have made it for neighbors as well. Occasionally I have added a can of mushrooms, drained and minced garlic for added flavor. For my family of 7 (including 3 teenagers), I usually double the recipe (except the crescent rolls) and still bake it in a 9x13...makes it a little thicker and we usually don't have leftovers! DELICIOUS!!! To answer the question about how it would be without the topping...I think it would work just fine. I just happen to love bread and can't leave it off."
"I love this. I make it often."
"very good & easy"
"The greatest testament of all - my grandchildren love it!!!!"
"This was so easy, delicious *and* pretty! I used some left-over turkey, but other than that, made it just as directed and it was a hit! Love it!"
"This will be a go-to recipe. Easy to assemble and it received great reviews from my husband. I used a combination of thawed frozen vegetables that I had on hand. Very good!!"
"Definitely a "do again"! I used leftover cooked turkey breast and it was excellent! Made it for my husband when he was recovering from surgery - a perfect complete comforting meal."
"I was so glad to see a different soup in this recipe. My family does not like mushroom anything. Most recipes use mushroom soup. We loved this one. Thank you."