- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage, beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar, basil, fennel and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine the egg, ricotta cheese, parsley and salt. Drain noodles and rinse in cold water. Spread 1 cup meat sauce into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with three noodles, 2 cups meat sauce, 2/3 cup ricotta cheese mixture, 2/3 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Lasagna Deliziosa
Sort By :
Awesome family dish!
I've never made or cooked lasagna before and this turned out great. Delicious, my family and kids loved it too. I'll definitely make it again.
The longer this lasagna sat in the fridge, it just got better and better. It's a bit dry, so I put a couple of spoonfuls of store bought tomato-basil spaghetti sauce on top for my 84 year old father before serving it. He has been raving about how this is the best lasagna he has ever eaten. He wants me to make this part of his meals that I deliver each week.
Delicious! The only thing I did differently is that I left out the fennel seed and added some oregano, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes to the sauce for more flavor. Perfect for a special occasion or an everyday meal -- yum!
This was a delicious lower fat lasagna recipe. I didn't tell my boyfriend that it was healthier for him until after he had eaten and raved about it. Delicious! Leftovers were great as well.