Lasagna Deliziosa Recipe
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage, beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar, basil, fennel and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine the egg, ricotta cheese, parsley and salt. Drain noodles and rinse in cold water. Spread 1 cup meat sauce into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with three noodles, 2 cups meat sauce, 2/3 cup ricotta cheese mixture, 2/3 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Lasagna Deliziosa(26)
Sort By :
Delicious! The only thing I did differently is that I left out the fennel seed and added some oregano, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes to the sauce for more flavor. Perfect for a special occasion or an everyday meal -- yum!
This was a delicious lower fat lasagna recipe. I didn't tell my boyfriend that it was healthier for him until after he had eaten and raved about it. Delicious! Leftovers were great as well.
Very yummy! Good without the ground beef. I have made it with either turkey or chicken sausage. Well worth the prep time!
Ok, the only reason I gave this four stars instead of five is for a few simple reasons. Like one reviewer said, this recipe needed more ricotta AND could have used some more sauce too because the noodles soak up so much. So my leftovers were quite dry! I also did not use fennel. I subbed ground turkey for ground beef. Other than that, I did everything as is. I never made lasagna from scratch; always used jarred sauce, but I don't need to anymore. I would definitely make this again and I would just add more ricotta and make extra sauce. It was really delicious!!
Great lasagna. Prep time wasn't as high as many other lasagna recipes, which made this very attractive.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Baked Turkey >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Ground Beef Lasagna Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >