Though vegan-friendly and dairy-free, these pack all that classic cookie flavor into each and every bite! —Sarah Ann Manthe, Brookfield, Wisconsin
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon molasses
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the syrup, sugar, oil, applesauce, vanilla and molasses until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to syrup mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Lactose-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies in Healthy Cooking October/November 2009, p11
Reviews for Lactose-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review