Light and crispy, these cookies melt in y our mouth, while the plump pecan perched on top provides a little crunch. They're delicate when t hey come out of the oven, so keep them on the foil until completely cool, then carefully remove.—Bonnie Thompson, Cave City, Kentucky
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pecan halves
- In a food processor, combine chopped pecans and sugar; cover and process until nuts are ground. Transfer to a small bowl; add flour, baking powder and salt. In a bowl beat egg; add butter and vanilla. Stir into pecan mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls about 3 in. apart onto lightly greased foil-lined baking sheets. Place a pecan half in the center of each cookie. Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and lacy. Allow cookies to cool completely before carefully removing from foil. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Lace Cookies in Birds & Blooms February/March 1998, p55
Reviews for Lace Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review