- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pecan halves
- In a food processor, combine chopped pecans and sugar; cover and process until nuts are ground. Transfer to a small bowl; add flour, baking powder and salt. In a bowl beat egg; add butter and vanilla. Stir into pecan mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls about 3 in. apart onto lightly greased foil-lined baking sheets. Place a pecan half in the center of each cookie. Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and lacy. Allow cookies to cool completely before carefully removing from foil. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Lace Cookies
"Always a hit on my Christmas cookie plate and I make them every year. Bake them on a silocone pat if you have one. Works much better than the foil and they slip right off once cooled. With the foil I have to fight to get them off without tearing."
"These cookies are tasty. I definitely recommend reading this recipe through before making. The first batch I made got stuck to the pan when I forgot to use the foil. I only scoop about 1/2 a teaspoon size of batter onto the foil since they spread so much. I also make sure to completely cover the foil well with spray of butter since these cookies like to stick when baked. I make them only 2x a year, but never is there a crumb left."
"this is the best recipe i have found my grandmother used this recipe every year for xmas and i have tryed to find it for years and tryed a lot of recipe's but this one is the same thank you verry much know i can pass this on to my kids love it"