Peanutty Lace Cookies
This is different from your typical treat, sandwiched with fluffy filling and crunchy, nutty cookies. People always want seconds!—Scarlett Elrod, Newnan, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk oats, flour, salt and baking powder; gradually beat into sugar mixture. Stir in peanuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 4 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets; spread into 3-in. circles. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat filling ingredients until fluffy. Spread on bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies.
Originally published as Peanutty Ice-cream Sandwiches in Ultimate Cookie Swap 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.