- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups cold white grape juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups Champagne or club soda
- 8 fresh strawberries, hulled
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1 cup cold grape juice; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in sugar. Remove from the heat; stir in remaining grape juice. Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer gelatin mixture to a large bowl. Slowly stir in champagne. Pour half of the mixture into eight champagne or parfait glasses. Add one strawberry to each glass. Chill glasses and remaining gelatin mixture until almost set, about 1 hour.
- Place the reserved gelatin mixture in a blender; cover and process until foamy. Pour into glasses. Chill for 3 hours or until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Jellied Champagne Dessert
Sort By :
"Sorry, this isn't a review as I haven't tried it yet, but I was wondering, couldn't you use all champagne instead of part grape juice and part champagne? Can someone tell me if it would still turn out ok? TIA!"
"This was an interesting dessert. My final product didn't quite have the "bubbly" quality I was hoping for, and it didn't set up very solid. I loved the foam on top, and thought it was very pretty. I'll try it again, maybe adding more gelatin."
"I felt a strawberry was a bit large so I used a raspberry in each glass instead...like the looks even better. Quick/easy to make...Works Great for Wedding/Baby showers, New Years Eve, Special Birthday or any event you want to make "Special""
"Came out great! Can't wait to make this again!"
"Tasted good, looked fantastic"