- 1-1/4 cups (12 ounces) almond paste
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large egg whites, divided
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups pine nuts
- In a small bowl, beat almond paste and sugar until crumbly. Beat in 2 egg whites. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; mix well.
- Whisk remaining egg whites in a shallow bowl. Place pine nuts in another shallow bowl. Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Roll in egg whites and coat with pine nuts. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Flatten slightly.
- Bake at 325° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Italian Pignoli Cookies
"Huge hit! Everyone loved them. Tasted perfect just like the bakery. Very satisfied"
"Very tasty cookies! I did add 1/2 to 3/4 cup of flour because it was extremely sticky. You won't need more than one or two egg whites for dipping the cookies and probably 2 cups of pine nuts would work better."