- 1-1/2 pounds lamb stew meat
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup cubed turnip
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried marjoram, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, brown lamb in oil over medium-high heat. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the potatoes, onion, carrot, turnip and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, milk and browning sauce if desired until smooth; stir into stew. Add parsley. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Irish Stew in Light & Tasty February/March 2003, p50
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Irish Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2012
Very comforting stew lots of flavor. My family just loves this stew.
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Stew Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Lamb >
- Lamb Recipes >