Curry makes this speedy soup from Denise Elder of Hanover, Ontario so delicious. "I just open a few cans, and I have a quick hearty meal in minutes. The wonderful aroma brings my family to the table before I even have a chance to call them," she reports.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 can (5 ounces) white chicken, drained
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute onion and curry powder in butter until onion is tender. Dissolve bouillon in water; add to the saucepan. Stir in remaining ingredients; heat through. Yield: about 5 servings.
Originally published as In-A-Hurry Curry Soup in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p11
Reviews for In-A-Hurry Curry Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review