- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 medium plum plus 1/2 small plum
- 1 teaspoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 green grapes
- 1 small lemon slice
- 2 flowering sprigs of mint, optional
- 6 fresh strawberries
- 2 clementines, peeled
- 1 medium kiwifruit, peeled and halved
- 1/4 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- In a small bowl, whisk the confectioners' sugar, milk and extract until smooth; set aside. In another bowl, combine apple and orange juice; toss to coat.
- Place whole plum on a serving platter. Using peanut butter, attach grapes for eyes and lemon for mouth. Attach mint sprigs for antennae if desired. Arrange apple and remaining fruit in a zigzag pattern to form caterpillar body. Drizzle caramel topping for legs; spoon almond glaze over fruit. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hungry Fruit Caterpillar in Taste of Home February/March 2012, p72
Reviews for Hungry Fruit Caterpillar
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2013
"Great to make with the kids at daycare."