- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 1 teaspoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs , optional
- 1 small pear, sliced
- 1 clementine, peeled
- 2 fresh strawberries, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 small cluster green grapes
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews
- In a small bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar, milk and extract until smooth; set aside.
- Cut apple in half lengthwise; place one half on a serving platter. Cut remaining half into slices. Cut eyes from one slice.
- Using peanut butter, attach apple pieces for eyes and a cashew half for a mouth. If desired, attach thyme sprigs for antennae. Arrange apple slices and remaining fruit in a wavy pattern to form caterpillar body. Place cashews under caterpillar for legs; spoon glaze over fruit. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hungry Fruit Caterpillar in Taste of Home February/March 2012, p72
Reviews for Hungry Fruit Caterpillar
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2013
"Great to make with the kids at daycare."